Various Artists - Nigeria 70 - The Definitive Story of 1970s Funky Lagos (2 CD RE) - 2009
Originally released riding a wave of global interest in Afrobeat at the turn of the decade, Strut's original Nigeria 70 set broke the mould for African compilations when it first surfaced in September 2001. Digging deep into Nigeria's archives, the collection showcased a stunning variety of fusions recorded across the country during the 70s, from national icons like Fela Kuti and Sunny Ade to lesser known young bands like Monomono and Ofo The Black Company. "Nigeria 70" paved the way for the many fine labels like Soundway and Analog Africa.
01. Monomono - 'Tire Loma Da Nigbehin'
02. Blo - 'Chant To Mother Earth'
03. Fela Kuti, Africa 70 - 'Jeun Ko Ku (Chop 'N' Quench)'
04. Tunji Oyelana - 'Ifa'
05. Bala Miller - 'Ikon Allah'
06. Segun Bucknor - 'La La La'
07. Peter King - 'Shango'
08. Tony Allen - 'No Discrimination'
09. Sir Victor Uwaifo & His Melody Maestros - 'Akayan Ekassa'
10. William Onyeabor - 'Better Change Your Mind'
11. Bongos Ikwue - 'Woman Made the Devil'
01. The Afro Sounders, Orlando Julius - 'Alo Mi Alo'
02. Ofo The Black Company - 'Allah Wakbarr'
03. The Sahara All Stars Of Jos - 'Enjoy Yourself'
04. Funkees - 'Dancing Time'
05. Afro Cult Foundation - 'The Quest'
06. Joni Haastrup - 'Greetings'
07. Gaspar Lawal - 'Kita Kita'
08. The Lijadu Sisters - 'Orere Elejigbo'
09. Sandra Akanke Isidore, Fela Kuti, Africa 70 - 'Upside Down'
10. Shina Williams - 'Agboju Logun'
11. King Sunny Ade - 'Ja Fun Mi'